Pages

My Close To My Heart webpage

My Close To My Heart webpage
I am a ctmh consultant

*

*

About Me

My photo
hi, i am jen t. welcome to my blog and ttys!

Translate

Past Dt's and Ambassadorships

*

*
Love from lizi dt

.

*

*

*
birds of a feather kit co.

*

*

*

*

Followers

Search This Blog

*

*

*

Creative Scrappers

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January club scrap team challenge

hi all, I can't believe this is the last day of January already! today I am stopping by to share a 12 x 12 page I made for the club scrap team challenge this month. if you are hopping along with us then you are here from Hetty's blog. If you get lost along the way or want to start at the beginning head to karens post here. the challenge was to use a faux batik technique on our projects. below are pics of the steps on how I achieved the background to look like faux batik. I just had so much fun getting inky and painty on this page. Do you remember the dragonfly I misted a few posst back? yup, it made an appearance on this page too. I just fussy cut it out and added it to the page as a layer. all the goodies including papers,cardstock,metal dots,and cutaparts are from the  club scrap color me happy kit. the tools I used are:  brayer, water sprayer, silver metallic ink, irodescent glitter, blue and green acrylic paint, metallic marker(came with the deluxe kit)
page is made on the Yupo paper also included in the deluxe kit.
 









Link for technique i

used : http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/brayered_batik/

next stop is josette's blog


to get your hands on this beautiful kit go to:







:)

jen t.

8 comments:

Donna said...

Jen This is so pretty, I love how you used your dragonfly by cutting it out(great minds think alike! lol)

Ink Stained Roni said...

Great LO! so bright and beautiful.

Kelly said...

Those dragonflies in green are stellar!

Karen Wyngaard said...

What an awesome mixed media layout!

Cheryl Walker said...

Gorgeous layout Jen!!! I love how you used the mixed media in with this! Beautiful!!!!
hugs
Cheryl

Lisa D said...

Isn't that Yupo paper the best?! Beautiful background to compliment those beautiful smiles!

Hetty said...

Love your page and you created a very interesting and beautiful background.
Love it.

Finding Your Niche said...

Love the mixed media element to your page! Beautiful!